Friday, October 23, 2009

Straight to the Bone

The next film that I viewed was entitled Straight to the Bone. The plot of this movie is about a girl who has been with her boyfriend for several years and is ready for him to make a bigger commitment, but he is not ready for that big of a step.

This movie was long and slow. It really seemed to drag on and about halfway through I was already going, "Okay, let's wrap it up." I was impressed to learn, during a Q&A session with the director, that the script of the movie was totally improv. There were some good points in the movie, such as a next door neighbor who completely stole the show anytime he was in a scene. Being that it was improv makes me give a big kudos to the actor. In all, it wasn't a very happy movie...the boyfriend leaves for a weekend trip and the girlfriend goes out with another guy to find some fulfillment in her life. The movie ends with the girl and her first boyfriend still together, but upset at each other and you don't know if they stay together or if they separate. All in all, just wasn't my favorite.

My rating: 2 of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment